Saturday 23 November 2013

Our Interview With Simon Fisher-Becker!

To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who we interviewed Simon Fisher-Becker (Dorium Maldovar in the recent series of Doctor Who).

1. How long did it take to put on your make-up and costumes as Dorium Maldovar?
 
They allowed 2hrs but it did not really take that long.  They shaved my head and painted me blue.

2. How are you involved with the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who?
 
My contribution to the 50th Anniversary Doctor Who is watching it in 3D at Cineworld in Crawley West Sussex

3. Who is your personal favourite Doctor and why?
Patrick Troughton.  I remember watching William Hartnell change to Patrick Troughton.  I was about 6 at the time and it grabbed my imagination.  The fact Patrick was so different from William added to the magic.
 
4. How did you come to play the role of Dorium Maldovar?
 
My Agent - the wonderful Kim Barry - gave me a call one afternoon in December 2009 to say I'd got a casting the following morning.  A script was sent me - which turned out to be the scene from The Pandorica Opens.  I was one of 7 actors seen for the part of a Large Blue Man. By good fortune I was the chosen one.
 

5. What was your first acting role?
My first Professional contract was to play the Griffin in a production of Alice in Wonderland.
 
 
6. What is your next step in your acting career?
 
So much is going on at the moment.  I've just returned from Nashville where I was offered the role of Speaker of the Senate for an American TV pilot - The Accidental President.  I have just completed a World Tour of my one man show 'My Dalek Has A Puncture - a UK tour is planned for 2014.   Also in the New Year start filming a brand new comedy series; PUPPY LOVE for BBC4. Written by the same writers of 'Getting On'.     There are also a number of conventions including, Sci-Fi Weekender in North Wales in March, Pensacola in Florida in February and Laredo in January.   All very exciting..!

Thanks to Simon for helping us with our celebrations! Visit his website at: www.fisherbecker.info

No comments:

Post a Comment